Monday, September 25, 2006

Bad blogger bad!

One of the things that has always annoyed me about blogs I read is that some are rarely updated. In the short time I have had Sauces and Stuff up and running my aim (notice aim, not goal) has been to update every Thursday. I missed it last week.

Between being in California early in the week and then having the High Holidays at the end of the week, the blog slipped to the low end of the list.

Bad blogger bad!


Here is an early week post of a recipe for a dipping sauce that has always gotten high praise around our house. I can not take credit for the recipe and I do not recall where it is from. One of those mythical recipes that gets handed down from part to party.

Let me know what you think -

Asian Dipping Sauce:

16 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 cups Asian fish sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dried red-pepper flakes


Since it is all about easy, I use a blender wand to mix / chop / blend the ingredients together. The great thing about the recipe is that if you like more garlic or more heat you can adjust accordingly. The recipe works great with chicken or even as a marinated for shrimp.


Serve in a bowl like this:




One of which you can buy at a very cool store called Lekker. Enjoy and let me know what you think.


No comments: