Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

In a movie of many classic lines that one still cracks me up. The reality for me is that I do dig on swine.

Bacon = yummy
Pork Chops = yummy
Pork Chops and apple sauce = yummy
Pork Loin = yummy
Porky Pig = wierd

hubba hubba


This Saturday we are having family in town and I am making a pork tenderloin, yummy yumm yumm. Even the bubba'loo loves the tenderloin. Being good parents we of course lie and tell her it is chicken and she chows down.

Why do we lie?

Like most three year olds she is intent on only eating chicken. A little white lie never hurt anyone, except maybe the pig in this case.

The plan is to also make some home made apple sauce and brine the pork on Friday. Apples sauce is very easy to make and tastes (as with most things home made) much better than store bought.

Consider this posting the appetizer and I will follow up early next week with photos from the apple sauce and the tenderloin as well as how I brined the tenderloin.

To take a little liberty with Pulp Fiction :

Jules: I want you to go in that pantry, and find my apron.
Pumpkin: Which one is it?
Jules: It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker

No comments: