Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shrimp

Shrimp is one of the easiest things to cook. With the latest addition to our house turning one month old, fast and easy dishes are key these days.


Fast and easy when combined with cooking outside is a can't miss combo.

A good friend of ours make some great marinated shrimp. My understanding is that he got the recipe from an old Williams & Sonoma cookbook, but I just call it Lawrence's Shrimp.

2 lbs of shrimp 1/2 cup of tomato sauce 1/4 cup of olive oil 3 tbs of crushed garlic

Marinate for a few hours and grill and then we served this up on a bed of rice.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid I loved shrimp, I'd even make use of my cute "please feed me" face to steal extra pieces from grownups!


Ari (Baking and Books)

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

That shrimp looks excellent! I tend to overcook shrimp for some reason, so I'm living vicariously.