Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tim Curry?


No not that Curry

The food kind of curry

We decided to go with a chicken red curry. Real easy to make if you have some key ingredients in house. Namely, red curry paste, fish sauce and coconut milk. This is probably not an authentic curry dish, but it is damn tasty and wicked easy to make.

As we say in Boston (though I never hear it any more), this dish is pissa!




Started with some rice


And I gathered the ingredients, I took the shot prior to pulling out the red curry paste. Can you guess what brand it is!


I cooked a package of chicken, roughly a pound and a half, seasoned with some salt and pepper. It also gave me an excuse to use my new OXO non stick tongs!!!

Once the chicken was done, I set it aside and then added some fresh broccoli and some frozen peas, corn and carrots to the pan. The frozen veggies gave off some water so nothing was needed in the pan. After about 3-4 minutes, I then added a can of coconut milk and simmered an additional 3-4 minutes. To that I added a generous table spoon of the red curry paste and about a teaspoon of fish sauce, back goes the chicken and simmer a few mintues more until everything is nicely coated.



Once the rice was done, I sprayed a ramekin with some Pam and packed it with rice.




I inverted the ramekin on the plate



Then I garnished with a piece of trimmed broccoli stalk.
Why?
Why not




TADA



Woops about the curry on the rice mound.



This dish is sinfully easy to make. It took us awhile to figure out how much of the curry paste to use and a generous tablespoon works for us. Even the sou chef will eat this dish.

1 comment:

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Beautiful presentation! Looks great!