Friday, November 03, 2006

Welcome to the Rock



Last week I was in San Francisco and from my hotel I could actually see Alcatraz which is pretty cool even for someone who goes to California all the time.

I rarely bring my camera on trips for work but I did this time. I took a variety of photos along my walk to the meetings in the morning.

My typical breakfast
-



My walk took me through China town and these scenes should look familiar if you have ever been through China town in Boston or New York.

Mmmm chicken and other animals lacking heads.



I hope you like your pork fresh!


We had dinner one night at North Beach Restaurant. Great Italian food, we had the Carpaccio & Home-Cured Prosciutto - Combination Plate as well as salads for starters. I had the Spaghetti Carbonara and my two collegues had the sole special. Dinner was very good but the amazing thing was that we were in and out with drinks and desert in a hour! The service was very much chop chop. Great food but a tad bit rushed.

I wanted to go here but it was not open. I love the play on words-


I am in New York next week and certainly appreciate some out of the way recommendations.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

My sis got lost in SF Chinatown while she was only 4 years old..she's come so far since..not! lol