Monday, January 08, 2007

Blog News



From deep within the Sauces and Stuff secret cave comes this blog update.

After the New Year is as good as time as any to post an update about Sauces and Stuff. I have added a few new components to the blog and adjusted others. For all my general frustrations with Blogger. The new version of Blogger allows for changes much faster then the prior version.

Here are the basic changes-

Google Adsense. I have changed the layout of the ads on the blog. Feedback has been generally mixed regarding the ads on the blog. There are now just two ad areas on Sauces and Stuff.

The right hand side of the blog


The Google search box


I felt that the search box was a less obtrusive ad format then that banner ads. Additionally, the constant ad of how to loose 20lbs seemed not to be consistent with the purpose of my blog. I have several frustrations with Google Adsense and feeding up ads that have no relation to the blog is certainly one of them. If you are so inclined, I do appreciate the clicks on the ads.

An other component I added was the ability to subscribe to Sauces and Stuff



Basically you enter your email and then you will receive an email to confirm the subscription. Once that has been done, then you will receive email updates when I update Sauces and Stuff.

I have also added a few additional blogs that I read to my link section. These are the food and cooking blogs I read every week. All of them have different feels and different approaches that I appreciate. If they have ads on them, I would like to suggest you click on their ads as well. They are arranged alphabetically and when I find new blogs I enjoy, I will add them to this section.


Overall I have been pleased with my efforts on Sauces and Stuff. In 2006 I did 32 posts and certainly hope to increase that this year. I also plan to start some contests as well as some other ideas I have been working on.

It took me a long time to get my act together but the feedback I have received on Sauces and Stuff has been positive.


1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

Thanks for the link amigo...I'll add you to my blogroll as well! :D